The Round of 8 of the CFL March Madness: Best Player of the 2010s is complete, meaning we’re into the Round of 4. If you missed it, here are the important things to know:
- Regions: Quarterbacks, Canadians, Offence (including kickers), Defence.
- Players’ seeding: Based on players’ statistics from 2010 CFL season until the end of the 2019 CFL season (July 1, 2010–November 24, 2019).
- Background colours: Based on the team the player played the most games with from July 1, 2010–November 24, 2019.
- Twitter: @nik_kowalski polls. NOTE: Only poll votes count, not replies or like.
- Facebook: Let’s Talk CFL Facebook group polls created by Nik Kowalski. NOTE: Only poll votes count, not comments or likes.
- ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
- Final vote count determines which player advances.
Round of 8 Recap:
- 2 lower seeds advanced to the Round of 4:
(4) Ricky Ray over (2) Mike Reilly
(4) Adam Bighill over (2) Charleston Hughes
- (4) Ricky Ray and (4) Adam Bighill are tied for the highest seed remaining.
- The closest matchup was (1) S.J. Green over (11) Stanley Bryant Jr., with Green receiving 53.7% of votes.
- Two No. 1 seeds are remaining (Andrew Harris and S.J. Green).
- Two No. 4 seeds are remaining (Ricky Ray and Adam Bighill).
- Two No. 2 seeds were eliminated (Mike Reilly and Charleston Hughes).
- The most lopsided win was (1) Andrew Harris over (3) Brendon LaBatte, with Harris receiving 80% of votes.
- 1 of the 4 advancing players is retired.
- Ricky Ray received the most votes in the Round of 8 (286).
- Brendon LaBatte received the fewest votes in the Round of 8 (65).
- The remaining 4 players are made up of the following positions: 1 quarterback, 1 running back, 1 receiver, and 1 linebacker.
Round of 4 Matchups:
(4) Ricky Ray vs. (1) Andrew Harris
9 seasons, 28,364 yards, 149 touchdowns, 74 interceptions, 2 Grey Cups, 2 Grey Cup appearances, 2x CFL All-Star.
10 seasons, 9,088 rushing yards, 48 rushing touchdowns, 5,107 receiving yards, 31 receiving touchdowns, 2 Grey Cups, 2 Grey Cup appearances, 5x CFL All-Star, 1x Most Outstanding Canadian.
(1) S.J. Green vs. (4) Adam Bighill
10 seasons, 9,869 receiving yards, 57 receiving touchdowns, 2 Grey Cups, 2 Grey Cup appearances, 2x CFL All-Star.
8 seasons, 655 tackles, 41 sacks, 12 interceptions, 2 touchdowns, 14 forced fumbles, 2 Grey Cups, 2 Grey Cup appearances, 5x CFL All-Star, 2x CFL Most Outstanding Defensive Player.